Gorkhi-Terelj national park

Rock formations of the park.

Only 50 km from Ulaanbaatar you can find the Gorkhi-Terejl national park. It's a bit less wild than the rest of Mongolia (you will find tourist camps a bit everywhere), but it's easy to reach from the capital and offers some beautiful landscape. I took a public bus to go there. It was already the low season and the number of bus per day went from 2 to 1. I didn't have any difficulty to find a Ger to sleep during the night. I just went to what looked like a tourist camp and asked. The next day I hiked some more in the park. I really enjoyed the sensation of freedom. You could walk to any place that looked interesting. To go back, I had already missed the only bus to Ulaanbaatar so I hitchhiked. Luckily the first car that came by stopped. It was a group of Korean Christian missionary. They were so nice they even invited my for a late lunch at a Korean restaurant on our way back to the capital.


Ariyabal meditation temple.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanoi

The japanese alps

Rotorua