Austria

Hofburg in Vienna. The imperial palace of the Habsburg.


Austria, last country I am visiting before getting home. From Prague, I took the train to Vienna. After getting lost in the maze of the main train station, I was able to get to my hostel, close to the city center. The next day I went to visit the old town. There you can really feel the historical importance Vienna had in Europe. Of course I went into a Cafe to try the Einspänner.
After Vienna, I headed west through the Alps and stopped in Innsbruck. It was a bit early for winter sports, but instead, I went to the mountains to hike. The small city of Innsbruck is pleasant and was culturally similar to Switzerland.
In the end I didn't stay too long in Austria because it is quite expensive. I took the last two trains of my trip, Innsbruck->Zurich and Zurich->Biel/Bienne.

Donaukanal.

Vienna.

Snow was already covering the mountains over Innsbruck.

Innsbruck is right at the bottom of beautiful mountains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanoi

The japanese alps

Rotorua